Call Us Now +1.780.705.0679
appeal immigration decisions

How to Appeal Canadian Immigration Decisions?

Presently, the right to appeal Canadian immigration decisions is not available in all cases.  Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada The Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB) is an independent administrative tribunal that makes decisions on immigration and refugee matters in Canada. It consists of four divisions: Immigration Division (ID), Immigration Appeal Division (IAD), Refugee[…]

canadian exit information

New Canadian Exit Information System

The federal government is currently implementing a new Canadian exit information system to collect basic biographical data (full name, date of birth, gender, nationality, travel document type / number and issuing authority) from travellers leaving the country. Background Canada was the only member of the Five Eyes (an intelligence alliance consisting of the United Kingdom, the United States, Australia, New Zealand and[…]

medical inadmissibility

How to Take Charge of Your Medical Inadmissibility?

Mrs. Katharina Kontaxis, RCIC wrote a recent article on overcoming medical inadmissibility entitled “How to Take Charge of Your Medical Inadmissibility”, which was published at on July 9, 2019. Overcoming Medical Inadmissibility Many medical conditions (e.g. mental illness, cancer, etc.) can lead to a visa refusal. One must convince the medical and immigration officers with a well researched, documented[…]

oral roadside test

First Oral Roadside Test Approved – Impaired Driving Laws

Previously, Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould published a notice of intention to approve the first oral roadside test. The Dräger DrugTest 5000 (DDT 5000) is a saliva screening drug equipment for law enforcement. Oral Roadside Test Approval On August 27, 2018, the Canadian government approved the first oral roadside test to check for impairment caused by cannabis[…]

impaired driving

Impaired Driving Laws – Impact on Non-Canadians

Canada’s New Impaired Driving Bill and its Impact on Temporary Residents and Permanent Residents Definition Impaired driving is the criminal offence of operating a motor vehicle while being impaired by alcohol, a drug or both. Background On June 21, 2018, Bill C-46, the Impaired Driving Act, received Royal Assent. The bill will increase the penalties for impaired driving offences[…]

Contact KIS Migration

How to sponsor a sibling to Canada? – Lonely Canadian

Whether someone may sponsor one’s sibling depends on several criteria. For this article, I restrict the discussion to the “lonely Canadian” provision of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). Traditional interpretation of paragraph 117(1)(h) IRPR If the sponsor does not have any living relative who could be sponsored and does not have any relative[…]

fr_FRFrench en_USEnglish